Sunday 19 January 2014

A NEW YEARS RESOLUTION

IMAGES SOURCED FROM TUMBLR AND WE HEART IT

I don't know about you but I've never really been one to make New Years resolutions. It's just never really been me. In the past I've never really had any incentive to make any or anything that really inspired me to want to change anything in my life in any drastic way.
However, this year for some reason that was different. As I welcomed 2014 with open arms my head was suddenly filled with all these thoughts about things I'd like to change in my life this year. These thoughts varied, from the shallowest tiny changes to more heartfelt and meaningful things I want to focus on this year.

I'm not going to share with you all of my resolutions as I think they're quite personal, however I thought I would share with you one of my main, more shallow ones (kind of), and that's to shake up my style a little bit.

Again, this isn't anything too drastic. I'm not saying I want to morph myself in Alexa Chung or Fearne Cotton and become the most edgy, stylish person on the planet. I just want to more so concentrate on expressing myself through what I wear. For too long I've collected beautiful imagery inspiration through photo sharing websites such as tumblr, and for too long have I lusted after the stylish outfits scattered across my dashboard. And then I thought to myself why am I collecting these photos and doing nothing with them? Why am I just lusting after what my style could look like? So I made a conscious decision to change thoughts and words into actions and invest some time and money into defining my own personal style.

My vow is to no longer hide behind 'safe' and 'classic' clothing that's easy to throw on at 6.30am on a weekday morning. Instead, I'm going to try and work on creating a wardrobe that I'm proud of, one that reflects my personality and ultimately, makes me happy. Because isn't that just what it's all about?

What are your new years resolutions for 2014?

1 comment: